Reiki for pets (as well humans) originated in Japan and is also called hands-on healing. During Reiki, the healer transfers life energy from her own body through hands onto the animal either with a therapeutic touch or from a distance. The word Reiki itself is word composed of few meanings and most accurate translation would be “universal life energy”. Treatment is based on the ancient discovery that all living beings, including plants, have universal life energy flowing through their being.
When there is enough of energy present in the body of an animal, pet is healthy, relaxed and happy. When life energy drops, pet is more likely to become ill or stressed. Reiki for pets is a great alternative to modern medicine, which is more or less dependent solely on medications.
Animals, particularly cats, are naturally receptive to life energy in everyday life as well in Reiki sessions. Therapy for dogs, cats and other small pets usually take from 20 to 30 minutes. How many treatments will be required is solely up to the animal’s health issues. Some conditions will be treated in just few visits, while others may take much more time. Frequency of Reiki healing sessions is up to each individual pet and will be specially customized to your animal’s needs.
1. Reiki for pets will increase the immune system for upcoming cancer treatments. Therapies for cancerous conditions like chemotherapy can greatly reduce an already weakened immune system. Reiki healing will strengthen the whole defensive system of an animal and help it fight cancer much more easily, while at the same time decreasing pain caused by it.
2. It increases the overall well-being of your pet. Just like people, animals can suffer from occasional mental stress, emotional and psychological disturbances as well physical imbalances.
3. If your pet has gone through any surgery or illness lately, Reiki treatment will help in the acceleration of the healing process. Reiki for pets is also very effective in minimizing the side effects brought about by pain killers or other conventional medications.
4. Any sort of holistic therapy is known for its ability to treat both physically and psychologically. Stress can be a great cause of all kinds of issues and illnesses. Reiki has a soothing effect on your pet and may also help it become more responsive to training. It offers a lot of benefits to pets who have been subjected to abuse. Gentle hands-on healing may restore trust in animals that have otherwise, through constant abuse, learned to be afraid of touch.
5. Reiki for pets can greatly increase bond between you and your pet. Animals are considered to be a natural healers and a lot of times take on themselves psychological problems of people around them in attempt to cure them. Because people and their animal companions usually share energy, mental imbalances are shared as well. For best results at Reiki sessions, joint therapies of both you and your pet are recommended; of course you should stay calm and positive during the process.